Friday, October 3, 2008

Reflection

As our adoption process has went on, I have learned a great many things. It has been an incredible time of growth in my abiltiy to be patient. I have never been a very patient person, I absolutely HATE surprises, birthdays, Christmas, because I don't like to wait, and I hate not to have control. Well, let me tell you that if you desperately need help in these area, like I did, just start on this wonderful journey called international adoption. I have learned not to be in control of every situation, and there is NO room for impatience. I am so grateful to my Lord that he has called our family to take on this feat. I am now mmmuuuuccccchhhhh more patient, and don't mind so much not being in control. I have complete peace in my heart with this entire process. Earlier on, especially with waiting for our referral, I was not so OK. Not knowing where my baby girl was, if she was being cared for, if she was cold, hungry, alone, or even born, was most definately the hardest part for me. But now I know who she is, I know where she is, and I know that she is being cared for, it's so much easier. I of course think about her every waking moment, and long to hold her in my arms, kiss her beautiful face and tell her how much I love her, but that will come in time, in God's time. I know that God is preparing my husband and I's hearts for this upcoming trip to Ethiopia. We will meet her birthmother, and I know that is going to be so hard. So, yeah, God is definately preparing our hearts for that. Our mission trips to El Salvador have been such heart opening experiences for us, I can't imagine how just the TRIP alone will change our hearts and lives, let alone having this new wonderful little girl as our own.

Lord, I praise your Holy name, you are a wonderful God. I'm so glad and thankful that you brought us on this journey. Not only are we gaining this wonderful new family member, but we've grown as YOUR children as well. Nothing can be better than that. Thank you for loving my family enough to choose us to go on this journey with you.

Amen.

3 comments:

Three2Five said...

What a beautiful Post!
You are definitely 2 lucky parents, and she is one lucky girl!!! I hope we get to travel together!!!

Brian and Autumn said...

I am so glad I found you blog! I completely agree with this phase being "easier" than waiting for all the unknowns pre-referral. It is hard but at least now that we know who are children are and where they are there is a bit more peace.
Autumn

Michael and Michelle said...

I will be prayer for your court and travel.

Michelle (AGCI)