Saturday, October 18, 2008

El Salvador Mission Trip

I know this is supposed to be a blog about our adoption, but OH WELL, it's my blog and my mind is in El Salvador today. I miss it so bad. El Salvador is definately my 2nd home. This is a picture of me with some girls I played jump rope with during our last trip down there. As you can see, I'm in my scrubs because my main role there is providing medical care. There isn't a lot of time for play but I do manage to get out of the clinic for a few minutes and just go play with the kids. That is really what I enjoy about these trips. The lady in the back with the pink shirt is one of the ladies from the church we attend while we are there. She is an amazing woman and makes out of this world papusas. Our church is preparing for another trip to El Salvador in January. We will not be able to go as we feel that our baby Natalie wil be home, or will be home soon after, praying for the 1st option!!!! But my 16 yo daughther Ashley will be going, her 1st trip there, and I won't be going with her. Okay, that is still a scarry thought and we've been planning for her to go for a couple months now. But she is going to serve God and feels she is lead to go. I don't know of a better thing for her to choose to do. Below is a picture of a beautiful corn field. This is a community corn field where most people there get their corn for tortillas from this one field. There isn't very much land so everyone has to share this field.

1 comment:

Three2Five said...

I know how it feels to feel so called and comfortable in a country so different from your own. What a blessing that your occupation is one so needed in so many places!!